Prime Bid is a software application dedicated to the process of preparing a competitive bid. Because Prime Bid's unique features are tailored to the bid process and the construction industry, you will find the following 30 items difficult or impossible to do with a construction cost spreadsheet application. When you compare using Prime Bid to using spreadsheets, you will find that Prime Bid helps you make better decisions, increase productivity and eliminate costly errors.
- Optimize your bid solutions with the bid matrices
- Perform an efficient bid analysis between your costs and subs
- Exclude a low vendor and see the impact on the bid total
- Compare all bids on the screen to review the quality of the bids
- Perform scope adjustments to make bids apples to apples
- Review the scope completeness of all bids in a matrix
- View colorized solutions that indicate information about the bids
- Filter the bid information for review in many formats
- Automatic organization of the bid by divisions and sections
- Summarize the bid by division or by cost category
- Add specific indirect costs or markups by cost category, percent or lump sum
- Calculate bonding costs on a step rate basis, on the entire bid
- Allocate addons to your direct costs for gross costs to perform the work
- Reference a division recap by percentage and gross unit price
- Set notes for each section of work to validate the bids
- All of your team members can use Prime Bid
- All of your team members can be in the bid at the same time
- Allow anyone to setup a bid, not just a spreadsheet expert
- Empower your team members to participate in bid preparation
- Fill in owner supplied unit price bids/bid breakdowns automatically
- Meet difficult bid document requirements with the click of a couple of buttons
- Produce a subcontractor list by running one filter
- Import information from estimating software
- Export bid information to other software programs
- Budget a job to your list of job cost phases
- Eliminate bid setup errors by not having to write any formulas
- Avoid unseen formula errors common in spreadsheet setups
- Reduce required verbal communication amongst team members
- Alternate bids are input by the same person that inputs the base bid
- Analyze alternates using the computer instead of a ten key
Would a better analysis help you win more jobs?
If the bids you prepared were one-half of 1 percent lower by having a better analysis with the same overhead and profit, how many jobs would you have won in the last year where you were second?
Would elimination of math errors save you money?
Would you feel more comfortable about your bids if you new that they were complete without math errors and bid at your fee number?
Are you bidding the alternates as competitively as you could?
Are your alternate bids optimized? Would an automated system to recalculate the alternates while closing your bid make your bids of a higher quality. How many jobs did you lose in the last year because of the owner selecting a group of alternates that made you not low?
How much have spreadsheet errors cost you?
Over the last five years, can you calculate the cost of mistakes made via spreadsheet setup failure? Would an error-proof system save you a lot of money?